blog post 1: what is digital humanities?
MFA Boston "Real Photo Postcards: Pictures from a Changing Nation" (2022) Hearing the term “Digital Humanities” in this class's title gave me the immediate impression that this class would teach about the online aspect of works in the English realm, such as news sites or other web-based published works. Since reading the beginning of the textbook and taking time to explore what Digital Humanities actually is, I have learned that it is far more steeped in research and quantification than I originally thought. As the textbook suggests, Digital Humanities is an incredibly broad field, and the term can be applied to a variety of projects and organized works. Specifically, the integration of technology to the materials being studied is something that is fluid, and can be changed according to the needs and the nature of the project. With this loose definition in mind, the first type of works that come to mind are exhibits that I have seen a...
Comments
Post a Comment