RM 🖳 Blog 9

I am extremely familiar with the world of electronic literature, as I took the 693 course on E-Lit with Dr. M last semester! In this course, we looked at a ton of different examples of electronic literature, two of which being Shelley Jackson's My Body a Wunderkammer and Zoe Quinn's Depression Quest! Both of these pieces are beautifully executed and written, yet honestly a bit sad at points. 

I don't really know how to explain how these hypertexts fit into this genre of literature because they just do. They are electronic, and they are literature. They take pieces of literature and make the digital, king of like digital humanities, allowing for more interactivity than a physical piece of paper. I really love E-Lit, and I think as a genre it can really do a lot in terms of emotional impact and interactivity. 


In terms of composing my own web presentation, I really like the aesthetics of My Body a Wunderkammer. I like how it mixes text with drawn art; it is very nice on the eye. I'm still not entirely sure how I would want my mediation to look, as I am still not sure what I am going to put in it, but I think including some drawn elements could be cool. maybe.

On another note, I am very excited to visit Twine again! Yay hypertext! 




Comments

  1. I also really liked the artistic imagery of My Body a Wunderkammer. I think it really helped tie the whole project together

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

blog post 1: what is digital humanities?

What is DH?

RM ☆ Blog Post 1