RM ❄︎ Blog 10

These final chapters of The Digital Humanities Coursebook do a good job of wrapping up a lot of the things we have learned this semester. I really liked the mention of sustainability in the final chapter, as I am a dual major in sustainability and love to see my two academic interests intersect like this. Although the sustainability mentioned here was more about keeping the projects alive, it counts. The talk on ethical issues that could arise was very interesting, and it's something I don't tend to think about when I think about digital humanities. 

In terms of final presentations, I think a lot of this is relevant. Especially the aspects of web presentation and design. Design is one of, if not the most important thing in a website, as it sets the tone for everything else on the page. If I design my website and it ends up looking like crap, no one is going to want to keep reading, and they will have an opinion on me and my MEdiation before even deep diving into it. 




I am not fully sure how my platform choice will reflect what I have learned about interface presentation and design outside of my own personal aesthetics. Maybe it will show me how I can apply my knowledge from this class to a real-life application?

For my MEdiation, I think I am going to use WIX (as I have some experience with it already), but I am open to trying Carrd (with my good friend Em's help if possible). I haven't exactly thought about intellectual property before reading these chapters, but now that I have, I will make sure not to accidentally steal anything or do anything illegal. I hope.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blog post 1: what is digital humanities?

What is DH?

RM ☆ Blog Post 1